web.DeadMC.com
Click to copy IP
discord.gg/CMpyUrs
Click to join
Welcome to DeadMC!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer: Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.
Ban?
HEPHAESTUS Member
13 posts
7 topics
2 months ago

I'm really confused as to why I was banned? In the ban it says that I harassed a staff member but all I did was express how the server could benefit in different things. The second reason was sexism but all I stated was how the show the boys was more made for the male audience, I have never said anything sexist in my life. I would like this to be appealed as soon as possible as I believe this is completely unfair. 

squishmyface1 Moderator
5 posts
1 topics
2 months ago

Hi Hephaestus,

I'm confident that the below clarification should provide you with sufficient understanding of the reasons why you are banned and your ban appeal is denied:

• You stated “Well I wouldn’t have questions depending on the answer” in regards to asking someone’s gender.
  • You stated “lol it’s like meant for guys, some of the stuff on there in my opinion is only meant for guys” in regards to a TV show.
  • Attempting to extort staff.
  • Making threatening comments to staff in the hopes it would make them remove your ban.

Whether or not you believe the comments you have made are sexist doesn’t matter. What matters is you treated a server member differently because of her gender which is absolutely not okay. I can imagine she did not come away from the situation feeling good after you made those comments to her.   Intent isn’t what was important in that situation, it was how it was received and in my opinion I would’ve received the comments as sexist if they were made to me.

Extortion is not only bannable but it is also illegal. Should you do this again or we will be forced to report this behavior to Minecraft with the screenshots as evidence. Please note that Minecraft's moderators are external from our server.

Last edited: 2 months ago
HEPHAESTUS Member
13 posts
7 topics
2 months ago

I dont believe this was sexist. That was not my intention as I made sure I messaged her privately after and apologized if it was taken in that way. Again that was not my intention as "The boys" is a very graphic and extremely difficult show to recommend to other people. I hope you can reconsider. 

HEPHAESTUS Member
13 posts
7 topics
2 months ago

As for "extortion" I made it very clear that I was not trying to threaten anybody. I also made it very clear that I do have material of the moderators abusing different people in the past not as a threatening way but as a constatation of a fact. In my opinion it is completely unacceptable that there were people who have quit from the server after conversations with moderators. It is also ridiculous that moderators get special privileges just because they are moderators. I've had this material for years and I never released it because I enjoy the server and the people who make it good. I really hope ya'll reconsider and reduce the ban to a more reasonable time. 

Snicko Admin
108 posts
14 topics
2 months ago

Hey Heph! We are in the process of reviewing your appeal. This is the best place to discuss or add anything to your appeal, as the entire team can stay up to date with responses.

We’d be more than happy to work with you to sort the situation, but please make sure not to use any threatening language or harassment as it can make the situation worse for everyone. For example, threatening to release images of private conversations would also go against the privacy rules.

Staff on DeadMC are volunteer players who still get to enjoy being a part of the community and play the game, just like yourself. In saying that, regular players also have the same gameplay opportunities that staff have, with the exception of some staff appreciation rewards (as a small token of gratitude for helping keep the community safe and welcoming). Helpers and staff get the opportunity to test new features before they are released, and in the past we have had issues (due to lack of understanding or trust) leading to the staff using these features for their own gain. We have since rectified those issues and can put it behind us. However, if you have new issues, please reach out to me so I can rectify them also.

Thanks for your understanding and patience!

HEPHAESTUS Member
13 posts
7 topics
2 months ago

I completely understand and a lot has changed since the last time I spoke with you about this. We had a mutual agreement that you would work this out and release the custom items at YOUR earliest convenience and I forgot about it. This situation was a complete misunderstanding between the staff member MetalPizza and me. I did not believe that what I said was sexism and even if that is the way that it is seen nowadays that was not my intention, nor was it my belief that that is what it was classified as. I did not wish to denigrate her or any female for that matter and am friends with lots of females and males and treat everyone the same regardless of race or gender. I hope that you are able to see this as a huge misunderstanding and we can move past it after a temporary ban. 

HEPHAESTUS Member
13 posts
7 topics
2 months ago

I also want to take the time to publicly apologize to Milky if I offended her in any way it was not my intention. It was not my intention to come across as sexist in any way. I never told her that she couldn't do something and I wouldn't ever do such a thing. People can do whatever they would like regardless of race or gender. Again, I apologize if I came across as sexist. 

Snicko Admin
108 posts
14 topics
2 months ago

Thanks for the response and your patience Heph! We will have an outcome shortly.

HEPHAESTUS Member
13 posts
7 topics
2 months ago

Ok I understand that you have to make a judgement call here, but I do understand all your points and I want to just clarify that I understand if you need to ban me for a time to make a point. Please just not a permanent ban, I wasn't trying to be sexist I swear on my life. 

Snicko Admin
108 posts
14 topics
2 months ago

Hi Heph, at this stage, the team has decided to keep the ban in place. While I understand this is not the outcome you have hoped for, I hope you can use this as a learning experience to work towards a better outcome.

This decision was not made lightly. The team has carefully reviewed your case and considered the history of your actions on the server. Unfortunately, this is the third time you have been banned, and your behavior has shown a consistent pattern of harassment and disrespect towards staff members. Here are some of the reasons behind our decision:

• Repeated Offenses: You have had chances after your previous bans (one for hacking, and a similar issue with staff harassment) to change your behavior, but you have reverted to harassing staff and creating a toxic environment.
  • Harassment and Blackmail: Several staff members have reported feeling harassed and blackmailed by you when things do not go your way. This includes attempting to make "deals" and manipulating staff, which is highly disrespectful and unacceptable.
  • Accountability and Growth: While apologies have been made, they often seem to lack genuine accountability and are reactive rather than proactive. Real change involves recognising the issue independently and making a sustained effort to improve, which we have not consistently seen from you.
  • Community Impact: Your behavior has a broader impact beyond just the staff. When players see a member repeatedly harassing others and facing minimal consequences, it creates a toxic environment. It can make other players feel unsafe or unwelcome, knowing that such behavior is tolerated. For instance, your previous outbursts and manipulative tactics not only demoralized the staff team, but also led to several community members expressing discomfort and considering leaving the server due to the negative atmosphere created.

Given these points, we believe it is in the best interest of the community to keep the ban in place. We hope you can use this time to reflect on your actions and work towards personal growth. Should you genuinely change your behavior in the future and demonstrate a consistent pattern of respect and accountability, we can reconsider your case at a later date.