web.DeadMC.com
Click to copy IP
discord.gg/CMpyUrs
Click to join
Welcome to DeadMC!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer: Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.
Thought I might throw my hat in the ring - Carpet
CarpetAkaXSR Member
3 posts
1 topics
7 months ago

Who am I exactly?

Hello everyone, I'm Carpet, XSR, or Rug as you may have known me in the past. I believe I'm a positive influence on this server, and I believe I have a lot to offer. This is a server I've grown to love over the many years I've been here, and I've recently come back after a year-long hiatus.

I believe that DeadMC is the one thing that draws me back to Minecraft every time I play. It's a friendly, tight-knit community and I've gotten to know and befriend a lot of people here. I view it as a welcoming and caring place that accepts anyone as long as they want to be accepted.

Reasons I believe I should be considered for this role:

• I have firsthand knowledge of this server from several years ago, meaning I know my way around here and I know what to do when someone needs something. It comes with time, and I believe that I've been on this server long enough to help others out with most questions or problems they have.

• While I've been gone, I've become a better leader and a better person over time. I'm the head of one of my clubs at school and I helped run several events, and I recently got a job at my synagogue where I help out with preschool kids. I enjoy working at both places because I can really help out people who deserve help, which makes me happy knowing I've made other people happy!

• I have good conflict mediation skills and I’m able to stay calm in tough situations.

• I have a long history of experience with Minecraft and while I’m not much into survival or PVP, I’m into the more social aspects of the game and I’ve always been very social and communicative. I’ve had one staff role as a co-owner on a server with my friend, which ran for a full year before being shut down due to external responsibilities. It wasn’t very large or well-known, but we made it as fun as we possibly could and in my mind, it went the best it could have gone considering what we had at our disposal.

Every cloud has a silver lining, but at the end of the day it’s still a cloud:

• Although I am very passionate about helping the server become a better place, there was one day where I earned a mute for getting upset with staff members for a reason I now realize was irrational. As far as I know, I should have a clean slate, and even though this was over a year and a half ago, it still happened and can’t be erased.

• I can get very opinionated and intense when I believe I’m correct, and I’m trying to work on this. I’ve improved by a lot, however.

• I have a very changeable schedule. One week I might have a lot of time to spend on the server, another I might only have a few hours. I take a lot of high-level classes at my school, which makes things a bit tricky at times.

About me:

I’m 17 and I’m in my junior year of high school this year, and I love to read, socialize, learn, and listen to music (I have a very diverse music taste!) I’m very into dystopian fiction novels and I enjoy sketching, which I find very relaxing, and I enjoy reading about new research in science from this magazine I get every month, especially about psychology.

That’s all everyone, hope this reaches you well and enjoy the rest of your day

~Carpet

Last edited: 7 months ago

Have fun and watch out for the chronically brainless.

-Carpet

NaVI Moderator
22 posts
0 topics
7 months ago

Hey CarpetAkaXSR! 

Thank you for applying.It was really nice reading about you. Your writing skills are very good!

We will let you know as soon as possible about the application. 🙂 Until then, please continue to enjoy DeadMC!

CarpetAkaXSR Member
3 posts
1 topics
7 months ago

Thank you so much, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! Enjoy your day, I give you and everyone on the server my best!

-Carpet

CarpetAkaXSR Member
3 posts
1 topics
7 months ago

Other info about me that I thought you may need:

I alternate between PST and EST time, and I'm on EST most of the year. However, there are times where I'm on PST, mostly during the summer.

I do not have Discord, but if it's required for this role I'll gladly download it.

-Carpet