Welcome to DeadMC's rules page!
Click on the tabs above to see the different sections of the rules.
DeadMC is proud to be a safe and welcoming place for everyone.
Players are expected to follow the rules on all platforms (including, but not limited to: Minecraft, Discord and the Forums).
Please report rule-breakers either in-game or on Discord with the /report command.
Please contact a staff member if you have questions.
These rules are subject to change without prior notice.
- BE NICE TO OTHER PLAYERS AND STAFF
- Please address players by their preferred name and pronouns.
- Do not ask other players for personal information.
- Respect other player's space and property.
- Do not spread rumors or lie about other players.
- Do not deliberately cause drama.
- Follow our chat rules.
- DO NOT USE HACKS OR MODS THAT GIVE AN ADVANTAGE
- If you are caught using hacks or mods, you will be banned from the server.
- Allowed mods:
- Performance enhancement mods (Optifine, Sodium, Starlight etc.)
- Disallowed mods:
- Xray mods
- Player tracking mods
- Automatic functions (auto clicker, macro, auto fishing etc.)
- Clients that modify the packets sent to the server
- Other hacks (speed, water running, flight etc.)
- Please ask staff if you are unsure about a mod before using it.
- NO BUG ABUSE
- This includes trying to duplicate items, break unbreakable blocks, obtaining unobtainable items, or any other glitches in the server.
- Abusing bugs can lead to permanent bans and/or account resets or rollbacks.
- Report bugs to a staff member as soon as possible via in-game chat, Discord (#bug-reports), or the forums.
- DO NOT BE A PUBLIC NUISANCE
- Actions that intend to cause harm to the server or the players in it will NOT BE TOLERATED. This includes but is not limited to:
- TP killing: having someone teleport to you, or you teleporting to them, and killing them.
- TP trapping: creating a public or private travel point that prevents players from leaving.
- Spawn killing: killing someone as they spawn back at their spawn or deathpoint.
- Scamming: trying to sell deceptive items such as fake currencies, fake items, or renamed items; not following through with an agreed-upon deal; taking advantage of an obvious player shop pricing mistake; etc.
- Impersonations: changing your skin, username, or nickname to impersonate another player. Impersonating a staff member will result in an immediate ban,
- Hate speech: abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Trolling: intentional rule breaking or inflammatory remarks for the sake of causing drama or hostility with no desire to play the game.
- Do not build inappropriate or offensive structures.
- Using an inappropriate skin or name will result in punishment until it is changed.
- A SINGLE PLAYER CANNOT USE MULTIPLE ACTIVE ACCOUNTS
- You may be punished if detected using multiple active accounts.
- If you have changed your account, please ask an administrator to erase your old account.
- PUNISHMENT EVASION WILL RESULT IN HARSHER PUNISHMENTS
- Do not try to work around the chat filter that keeps our chat safe.
- Do not have your friends or another player speak on your behalf about your punishment.
- Do not talk about bans or punishments in the chat.
- Do not harass staff in Discord about your punishment.
- Do not try to use an alternate account to get around a ban. This will result in a permanent ban for all accounts.
- Do not try to communicate with other means when muted (ie. signs).
- FALSE REPORTING WILL BE PUNISHED
- Do not submit false reports about an event or player.
- Try to include screenshots so that we have concrete evidence regarding an event.
- DEADMC DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SUPPORT IRL TRADING
- We cannot keep track of the transfer of IRL money for in-game items or ranks outside of our website.
- If you choose to do this, YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY for any IRL money exchanges you agree upon. DeadMC is not liable for any scams or fallen-through deals.
- FAMILY FRIENDLY CHAT
- Cursing, discussing alcohol, drugs, violence, or other illegal activities is not allowed.
- Do not bring up controversial topics.
- This includes, but is not limited to: politics, religion, NSFW topics, and tragic history.
- These rules apply to items, signs, banners, and town, nation and player names.
- DO NOT SPAM
- This includes letter dragging, excessive capitalization, repeating similar messages, or flooding the chat.
- ABIDE BY CHAT WARNINGS
- Do not try to bypass the bot after it has warned you about a chat violation. This will result in a punishment.
- DO NOT PROMOTE NON-DEADMC THINGS
- No advertising - this includes (but not limited to) any beliefs, businesses, games, Minecraft or Discord servers.
- You may mention other games and servers if the context in public chat is suitable. For example:
- What is allowed: "what are you favorite games?"
- What isn't allowed: "who wants to come play Fortnite?"
- DO NOT SHARE OTHER PLAYER'S PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Please do not share other player's personal information without their explicit permission.
- DeadMC advises players not to share any personal information on the server. DeadMC is not responsible if you share your own information.
- HARASSING PLAYERS IS NOT ALLOWED
- FAILURE TO ABIDE BY STAFF WARNINGS WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT
- Warnings are subject to the staff members opinion. If a staff member warns you to stop something, it must be respected.
- PVP IS ENABLED IN THE WILDERNESS
- Players should take caution when in unclaimed land, and always be prepared for another player to attack. This may include keeping valuable items in claimed land when traveling in wilderness.
- DO NOT CLAIM LAND NEAR ANOTHER TOWN IF UNWANTED
- If you claim land next to an established town, it may be removed by staff.
- LAG MACHINES ARE NOT ALLOWED
- An example of this would be a flying machine or a chunk loader.
- NO INAPPROPRIATE OR OFFENSIVE CONTENT
- This includes, but is not limited to:
- If you have any questions regarding this, contact a staff member.
- PLAYER PROGRESS RESETS
- DeadMC values player progress, and will never intentionally reset data. This includes the world map and user stats.
- Backups are made regularly to preserve data.
- An exception to this rule is:
- Non claimable worlds (ie. the Nether).
- If you have been inactive for greater than 14 days, and have less than 2 hours play time.
- If you have been inactive for greater than 3 months, and have less than 20 hours play time.
- If you have been inactive for greater than 6 months, and have less than 40 hours play time.
- Players with greater than 40 hours of playtime will NEVER be reset.
- Donators will NEVER be reset.